Posted date: April 1st 2019 . Author Gregory Preston .
The Australian Property Funds Association (PFA) conference will be returning to Hobart this coming May. Greg Preston, Managing Director of Preston Rowe Paterson sits on the PFA executive team, and this year chaired the conference organising committee.
“The conference is a must for all listed and unlisted Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) managers and their legal, accounting and valuation advisors in the current geopolitical, economic and real estate investment climate.”
What the PFA conference has to offer
The 3-day conference will be running in Hobart from Sunday 5 May to Tuesday 7 May.
Day one kicks off with a Golf Day at the Royal Hobart Golf Club. Alternatively, art-lovers can choose to spend the day at the Mona Museum followed with refreshments. All attendees will then take to the Hobart Brewing Company in the evening for a Welcome Cocktail Party.
Day two and three will take place at The Hobart Grand Chancellor Hotel for the conference. The main agenda will be reviewing the activity in global and local markets and examining whether the current times are a crisis, challenge or catalyst for property investment.
The line-up of keynote speakers includes:
- David Harrison, CEO of Charter Hall;
- Simon Garing, Executive Director of Cromwell EREIT;
- Justin Smirk, Senior Economist of Westpac;
- Penny Ransom, Head of Investment Management at Investa Property Group;
- Chris Smith, Head of Health Care at Australian Unity; and
- Campbell Hanan, Head of Office and Industrial at Australian Unity.
To complement the presentations from the REIT managers’ view, the conference will also delve into the changing nature of the debt capital markets available to REIT’s since the Royal Commission into Banking.
The following speakers will be addressing these topics:
- Tony Moussa, Director of Debt Advisory Services KPMG;
- David O’Connor, Investment Director of MaxCap Group; and
- Melissa Kingham, Director of MAK Property Advisors, who will explore different return expectations of wholesale and retail investors in the current environment.
Join us to hear the thoughts and opinions of these key decision makers from leading companies.
We are a proud sponsor
Preston Rowe Paterson is a proud sponsor of the Property Funds Association Conference this year. We will be setting up a juice station that will be available to all attendees. And make sure you keep an eye out for our awesome merchandise in the conference gift bag.
Spots are limited so make sure you don’t miss out and register now.
We look forward to seeing you there.