Our ESG Program
The term ESG refers to Environment, Social and (Corporate) Governance – this is the perceived value of a business from an outside perspective. Whilst we want the business to have a high-value ESG, we need to look at how this is achieved and what we can do to implement practices to achieve this.
The core values we are applying along our ESG initiatives are:-
- Optimism and growth
- Governance and succession
- Sustainable business practices
Our principles reside in:-
- Caring for, being interested in, and maintaining responsibility for colleagues as friends
- Providing support for one another, including offering kindness and compassion when others are struggling
- Avoiding blame and forgive mistakes
- Inspiring one another at work
- Emphasizing the meaningfulness of the work
- Treating one another with respect, gratitude, trust, and integrity
Environment & Sustainability
The E in ESG, environmental criteria, includes the energy we will take in and the waste we discharge, the resources we need, and the consequences for living beings as a result. Not least, E encompasses carbon emissions and climate change. Every company uses energy and resources; every company affects and is affected by the environment.
The S, social criteria, addresses the relationships we have and the reputation we foster with people and institutions in the communities where we do business. S includes labour relations and diversity and inclusion. Every company operates within a broader, diverse society.
The G, governance, is the internal system of practices, controls, and procedures we are adopting to govern, make effective decisions, comply with the law, and meet the needs of external stakeholders. Every company, which is itself a legal creation, requires governance.